More Baking!

I set my alarm this morning to try to get myself back on schedule for when my last semester of school ever starts again this Thursday. Laying in bed very sleepy, one of my first waking thoughts was, "I'm going to get up and make Veggie Girl's Fig-Almond Blondies."


So after breakfast (oatmeal with banana, cinnamon, almond milk, and almond butter), I started baking immediately. I made a few changes to the recipe Veggie Girl posted: used Fage yogurt b/c I couldn't find any non-dairy yogurt, substituted half the sugar for brown sugar, used half whole wheat flour, and added pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, all spice).

The best part about cooking without eggs? You can eat as much of the dough as you want! (Yay for no Salmonella!!)

The spatula right before I licked it :)


Peeking in the oven...not ready yet!


Delicious! These have lots of almonds (a good thing). And the kitchen smells fabulous!

Trying to decide how to use the rest of my figs...any ideas? I'm thinking goat cheese, arugula, sliced dried figs on sourdough bread...

Mom, sister, and I are going out to tea later this afternoon. I'll try to take some good pictures :)
But now, I'm off to go for a run!

"There are few instincts more natural than the body in full motion as it races across a field or through the trees." Neil Bascomb

6 comments:

Leah said...

Hey, I just found your blog. I love to cook and you're inspiring me to be more creative about food! Love your photos. I look forward to reading more.

Esi said...

I love blondies!! These look great and almonds and figs are always delicious together.

Heather said...

ohhh, those look good! pumpkin pie spice makes EVERYTHING better, huh?

Reeni said...

They look awesome! Figs are so good in baked goods, yummy!

Diana said...

Yum! I love almonds and figs, so these are right up my alley! Do you think I could use honey instead of molasses?

Tyler said...

honey would probably be good, but i think the molasses is more for flavor than sweetness