Applesauce Banana Berry Pancakes

I woke up this morning in a cooking mood, and decided to make some pancakes!! After browsing some recipes and looking through my kitchen, I made these:

Applesauce Banana Berry Pancakes (adapted from allrecipes)
Makes 2 pancakes
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat buttermilk pancake mix
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 tbsp egg whites
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • cinnamon to taste
  • handful of blueberries
  • 1/2 banana sliced
I added fresh blueberries and sliced bananas after spooning batter in pan.

After I cooked both sides, I added more berries and sliced banana. Yum!

Had some almond butter and whipped cream on the side. The almond butter doesn't look too appetizing in the picture, but it was oh so good!

The aftermath. I licked the plate after taking this picture. I'm not kidding.

After this very satisfying breakfast, I did a yoga video that yoga is yummy posted! You do it right in your kitchen using counter tops and your fridge! It was some much needed stretching :)

Then I made some coffee:

Mmmm...I added a little vanilla syrup and a big splash of skim milk.

This stuff is so good! And it's fair trade!

I love Sunday mornings...so relaxing. I'm really excited about the dessert I'm going to make tomorrow for my friend's birthday, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Those pancakes look good! I'd be licking my plate too. ;)

Reeni said...

Yummy Pancakes!! Can't wait to see your delicious dessert!

Hayley said...

Those pancakes look fabulous, especially with that almond butter. I'll have to try this out. Thanks for sharing!

Olga said...

You have really pretty dishes! I really like the picture of the plate after all the panccakes are gone. I made blueberry ones last week and was tempted to do the same thing, but was a bit too lazy :)