Happy Tastebuds

So I still don't have my camera cord back, but I just realized I have so many old pictures of food I can talk about! As I explained in my first post, I've had a habit of taking pictures of my food for a while.


One of my favorite restaurants in Athens in the 5 and 10. It's owned by a well renowned chef who creates their incredibly delicious, seasonally changing menu. The restaurant has a very good relationship with local farmers, so the food is always as fresh and high quality. They also have an extensive wine list. Sorta of a pricey, so you need a special occasion to go there. Here are some mouth-watering pics from my 21st birthday dinner in September:

The bread before dinner.

The grouper special with potatoes, hericot verts, fresh cucumber, basil, and brown butter vinaigrette. Tastes even better than it sounds! 

Cheers to good food and friends!

I didn't get I chance to take a picture of the dessert before we dove in. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I do remember that it involved chocolate mousse and toffee...

My roommate and I are making salmon with pineapple salsa for dinner! It looks wonderful, so look forward to those pics (and recipe) soon!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I temporary lived in Athens after graduating from college. I never ate at 5 and 10 but I heard it was delish and your pictures seem to prove that correct. I loved Earth Fare and was a big fan of The Grit :) Had it been easier to find a professional job I probably would have stayed longer - but I had fun while I was there. It's such a cute little town.

Anonymous said...

I like your shirt!

Tyler said...

eatingbirdfood: I just went to Earth Fare today and there were yummy organic food samples galore! And I love the Grit, too...Athens has great dining.

redheadedjournal: thanks! its actually a dress i had been eyeing for a couple weeks that my friends bought me for my bday :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So glad to see you posting again!! :-)

What a lovely restaurant in Athens - such a lovely city, too.

Hayley said...

That restaurant sounds so special, and the food looked amazing. Can't wait for that recipe!

Anonymous said...

Wow that restaurant looks really good! And that picture is too cute.