Hair of the dog that bit you

Drinking to help a hangover has never sounded like an appealing idea to me. But exercising to help muscle soreness? Sure!

Lunges and squats make me sore like nothing else!! The morning after my BodyPump class on Wednesday, my legs were killing me! I actually e-mailed Kelly from Every Gym's Nightmare Thursday night because I was dying to go to my spin class, but scared of perpetuating my leg soreness. She told me that spin was different enough from squats and lunges that I could go for it as long as I wasn't limping or having trouble sitting. Yay! With her permission, I went to spin class :) I had to go a little easy on the resistance, but I felt good to have my legs in motion.

Still sore on Friday, I was lured outside for a five mile run by beautiful weather! After being cold all week, how could I not go on a run when it is 60 degrees and sunny?! Although my legs had been hurting me all day while I was walking, after about a minute of running, the pain went away! I made sure to stretch out well afterwards. Today, my legs are still feeling the effects of the squats and lunges, but they are much much better!

Now onto a few yummy eats...

I bought some vanilla Greek yogurt at the grocery store that I used for a post-spin class snack:

This was very good! It was thick and creamy and had a mildly sweet vanilla flavor. 

This is how I dressed up my yogurt: blueberries, strawberries, almond butter, and cinnamon! Mmmm....

I often crave sweets when I first wake up, but this morning I was craving eggs! So I sort of tried to recreate the "Lovin' Bagel" I ate in Nashville last weekend:

My version has a scrambled egg on an Arnold sandwich thin with Sabra roasted pine nut hummus, pesto, spinach, and a generous amount of avocado. Exactly what I wanted!

New discovery: Larabar with almond butter spread on top = so decadent and wonderful!!! Try it :)

7 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Glad you're feeling less sore!!

LOVE YOUR LARABAR SNACK IDEA!!!!! Oh my, pure bliss.

Anonymous said...

Oh that DOES sound mighty decadent! Love the eats and I'm glad that you weren't sore for spin :)

HEAB said...

I want that yogurt...Larabar WITH almond butter!?!?....I love you. :)

Sara said...

I've never had Larabars before, but I've heard such good things about them.

Reeni said...

Larabars sound so much more appealing with almond butter on top!! I am going to try and make my own almond butter tomorrow. I have a ton of almonds left from Christmas baking. You are just a machine when it comes to working out!

Hayley said...

That egg sandwich looks amazing. I too love almond butter on larabars (especially the banana bread ones). Thanks for sharing!

Amber said...

I feel like that too when I run! If I'm really sore I feel extra sore during the walking warmup but by once I start running the soreness goes away! Then when I start walking again I can feel the soreness again!