Guess what today is???

It is a very special day today...read end of post to find out :)

But first here are some good eats of today! This morning, I tried my second ever Odwalla bar:


Yes, the bar was a greenish color!! Doesn't look very appetizing, but this was actually very tasty!! It had some raisins in it and a subtle banana flavor. I think I like it better than the Berries GoMega flavor I tried last week.

I was starving after class, so for lunch I went up to Big City Bread, one of my favorite restaurants in Athens. I ordered my usual: chicken salad sandwich with a Greek salad. Their chicken salad is made with free range chicken and danish blue cheese and served with spinach on their walnut wheat bread. This is my favorite chicken salad in the whole world!! Their Greek salad is made with spinach, feta cheese, artichokes, chickpeas, olives (which I always tell them to leave off), and a lemon tahini dressing! Mmmm....I was so excited when my food came out that I accidently ate it all before I took a picture. Sorry!

I did take a picture of the little dessert I ordered:

A chocolate raspberry truffle!!!

Dark chocolate and raspberry is a divine combination!! Another wonderful and decadent combination is chocolate and hazelnut, which brings me to today's special celebration....

Guess what today is???

It's World Nutella Day!!!

I just found out yesterday that February 5 is officially World Nutella Day. I so glad this wonderful product has its own holiday. Unfortunately, I am very unprepared. I actually don't have any Nutella right now, but it will still be in my thoughts today. My all time favorite way to enjoy Nutella is to dip strawberries in it! What is your favorite way to eat Nutella??

Also, Frugal Foodie is having a Valentine chocolate box giveaway! Check it out here!

7 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HELL YES FOR A DECADENT SPREAD-DEDICATED DAY!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Big City Bread sounds like my kind of place :)

Nutella: On warm toast or a croissant - can't go wrong!

Reeni said...

I eat Nutella with a spoon. Until it's gone. I can't help myself. I can't be trusted with it in the house. That raspberry truffle is so cute!

HEAB said...

I am so very sad that I didn't know it was world Nutella day. Thank goodness I had some liquid Nutella in the form of coffee cocoa this morning! My favorite way to eat Nutella?...On a crepe in France!

Dewi said...

I discover a new way to enjoy nutella. I just post it today. I like to dip strawberyy in ti too. It delicious.
Cheers,
Elra

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Ooh I'm going to have to celebrate with some vegan nutella (a.k.a. dark chocolate dreams peanut butter)

Amber said...

OK, that is TOOO funny. You'll have to read this post of mine:

http://amric1409-lifeasiknowit.blogspot.com/2009/02/nutella-my-worst-enemy.html

I wish I'd known there was a 'World Nutella Day' I would have saved my binge until then! hahaha. I LOVE nutella in any shape or form, even straight out of the jar... :-)