First Post!!!

Hello and welcome to my blog! 

I have recently become completely addicted to reading people's food blogs to the extent that I definitely need my own. Who knew that reading about what people eat everyday could be so fascinating! Hopefully other people might find my culinary adventures, food fantasies, and philosophies on health and nutrition as interesting as I find theirs :)

I am a senior in college (graduating in May, yikes!) currently studying to become a registered dietitian. I am also a foodie, a runner, a triathlete, and I like to take pictures of my food. This is often awkward in restaurants, but I've been doing it for years whenever I get a dish I am excited about. I am happy to know that there are others out there who share this habit.

This morning when I awoke from a food coma after 3 days of feasting on Christmas meals, went on an easy 5 mile run, and made one of my favorite light lunches: an open-faced avacodo and egg sandwich:

Frying the egg. (I am really enjoying using my parents' kitchen while home for the holidays. MUCH nicer than my apartment.)

Today I also added some slices of Gruyere cheese and sauteed some spinach. 

Avocado on organic nine grain bread.  Avocado = one of my favorite foods! :)

Ta da! All put together with a sprinkle of paprika.

And because I have to have something sweet after every meal (even breakfast...I'm a sugar addict!), here is a cup of Cinnamon Toast Crunch drizzled with plain yogurt and some fresh ground nutmeg:

I was pretty disappointed that we didn't have any Hazelnut Cinnamon Rolls left over that my sister and I made for brunch yesterday, but this was actually pretty satisfying. 

Oh, P.S., I am obsessed with cinnamon! I put it on cereal, yogurt, coffee, oatmeal, bananas, apples, and sneak it into every baked good I make!

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think!

5 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Avocados + cinnamon + recipes from Giada de Laurentiis = all my favorites too!! Loving your blog already :-D

Reeni said...

I am loving your blog, too, from one cinnamon lover to another! I am trying to get back into a running routine after 3 or 4 months off, your a great inspiration!

Jescel said...

hey, welcome to the blog and thanks for dropping by my foodbuzz page... looking forward to more "creations" from you...

Unknown said...

Nice sandwich! It's refreshing to see a nutrition person that actually eats - and doesn't hide what they eat. I was in school for nutrition (never got the degree, kids came first) and found it so odd the other nutrition majors were so weird about food. Like they couldn't graduate if they were caught eating a Snickers. SO, cheers to your sweet tooth!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog, and I just wanted to stop by and say that i love your take on food, cooking, and nutrition in general! Also, good luck with all of your running and triathlon training...Can't wait to read more :)